Do you have a passion for the Software engineering? Do the aviation, space, automotive or the defense industries fascinate you?
GIT, VLSI, Industrial Automation, Chaotic warehousing or MES means something to you.
You are excited to share your knowledge? You read research papers including such obscure inscriptions:
Do you believe in Operations Management, working for a company where individuals with innovative solutions work together to address society’s most pressing industrial challenges?
Are you ambitious and persistent, with a drive to tackle major optimizations challenges?
Would you like to inject your fun personality into a friendly, open office?
If so, read on…
Job Description: AMIA Systems is seeking a Senior Software Engineer
As the Senior Software Engineer you envision, build and support the R&D developments that will contribute to the revenue objectives of AMIA Systems:
- Automatic positioning of machines inside a shop floor based on Very-Large-Scale-Integration (VLSI) techniques
- Apply chaotic warehousing techniques (similar to Amazon) inside complex and perturbed environment
- Extract, Transform and Load data produced by facilities such as Production plant, Warehouse and MRO facility. You will collect data from MES, ERP and 3rd Parties APIs
You explain, demonstrate and prove the value of SIMOGGA to our clients and partners through industrial and technical expertise.
You transfer skills by sharing technical knowledge internally.
You develop, capitalize and extend (or coach partners on) consultative selling approach based on Industry Business Process Expertise.
What we Expect: Come to work every day ready to be the best you can be for (y)our clients.
Be passionate about (y)our products and engineering innovations.
Lead by example. Roll up your sleeves and get stuff done.
Expect the same from everyone on the team.
- Industrial or Civil engineer having expertise in Manufacturing, Automation, VLSI or Warehouse management
- Minimum 5 years of experience or a relevant experience
- Excited to develop state-of-the-art software
- 2D or 3D CAD solutions expertise
- Fluency in English, (French or Dutch), with proven practice in a professional environment
- Excellent copywriting skills, ability to rework technical content or report on (y)our activities
- Entrepreneurial and self-starting spirit to support the growth of a small structure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Huge potential and commitment to achieve goals, targets and objectives.
- Positive and collaborative attitude in a team environment
- Excellent work ethic and strong attention to detail
- Willingness to travel across Belgium and neighboring countries
- Willingness to share technical expertise with peers
- Willingness to learn; creative and problem solving personality
Things We’d Also Like to See:
- a PhD degree
- A background in consulting
- Ability to write and speak foreign languages such as German, Spanish
- Familiarity with Computer-aided design (CAD) tools
- An appetite to seek and implement best practices
- Ability to test software applications
To apply for the Senior Software Engineer position, please email email@example.com and include your resume and anything else you think will help us know more about you, your interests and qualifications.
Be sure to mention “Engineer / 001 – Senior Software position” in the subject line of your email.
AMIA Systems is a “Université Libre de Bruxelles” spin-off company who delivers a “Lean factory layout” solution (SIMOGGA) applying material-flow optimization using Cellular Manufacturing methods, key enabler of increased production velocity and flexibility while reducing the capital requirements.
SIMOGGA relies on an optimization core from 10+ years of intensive research in cellular manufacturing and an intelligent user interface useful by all actors concerning by a factory reorganization. A small amount of data is needed before delivering first results with immediate assessments of KPIs.
We sell our solutions in Belgium and we have prospected in Belgium, France and the US (Oklahoma) but, the sky is (y)our limit.
We operate since October 2011 in an open, creative, fast-paced environment that emphasizes teamwork. We currently located at Laeken, we plan to move in the short term to external facilities, though we will remain located in Brussels.
AMIA Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To find out more about AMIA Systems, please visit our website at www.amia-systems.com[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]