We have recorded a new video (18 min.) presenting the necessary steps to build an optimal factory layout based on technical and financial constraints.
Lets come back to the video!
How to design an ideal factory layout?
Here are the detailed steps we went through in order to propose an optimised factory layout:
- We build the as-is situation
- We analyse the as-is situation (in terms of flows) without taking into account the technical nor the cultural constraints
- We decompose the flows and make them independent
- We build the to-be (optimal) scenario
- We integrate the technical constraints
- e.g. several machines can’t be moved due to their size, configuration or specificity (acid bath, oven, etc.)
- e.g. several machines can’t be duplicated (for financial reasons, etc.)
- We complete the study by providing a realistic scenario